Friday, September 11, 2009

Rain and Pumpkin Spice



It's rainy and cold in Mexico City; has been most of the summer. Although I spent a large portion of this summer wishing I was laying in the warm sand on the beach in San Diego, I have now converted to wishing it was winter and Christmas time. 

I'm wishing for Pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks and curling up with a good book and some hot chocolate around a warm fire.

James even caught me listening to Christmas music the other day. I couldn't help myself. I was just randomly searching through music on itunes and happened upon this Christmas album.

So, so, so, so good. I cannot wait to purchase it, but I'm holding out until it's a more appropriate time to sing along to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer with Jack Johnson.

Thinking of Christmas time and the winter season has gotten me thinking more about our new home. I can't wait to make it cozy; to walk into that warm homey feeling after a long day at work. To curl up on the couch with James and Lila and a fresh cup of coffee. 

I also can't wait to be home visiting with family and good friends. I want to watch White Christmas with my Mimi (grandma) and my sister (a yearly tradition). I can't wait to catch up over coffee with old friends while wearing boots and warm coats.

But, I will stop wishing time away and enjoy life right now..... and occasionally listen to Christmas songs when James isn't home.


No comments:

Post a Comment