Sunday, September 20, 2009

Away We Go

I just watched this movie and it is now one of my new favs. If you haven't seen it, please go watch it. I promise it will be time well spent. 

The story chronicles the relationship between Bert (John Krasinski) and Verona (Maya Rudolph). They are 30-somethings who find themselves about to have a baby with not much else figured out. They head out on a road trip to find a new place to live, visiting a handful of cities and people, all different and quirky in their own right. 

What I loved most about this story is the realness of it and the beauty of the love between these two characters. It's not a cheesy over the top kind of love, but a sustainable one. 

The soundtrack is pretty awesome, too, with most of the songs coming from the soothing voice of Alexi Murdoch.  

So there you have it. If I haven't convinced you to go see this movie, than forget what I've said and go see it anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment