Thursday, September 16, 2010

2 years

I have been married to this man for 2 years...



We've shared adventures, low points, air mattresses, 40 ounce beers, friends, family, high points, a baby girl, more low points, and most of all a love that is constant through all of that.

Because that's what love is. It's choosing to love someone else more than yourself; even when everything in you says that's not what you want to do. It's taking your guard down and being completely vulnerable. It's a comfort that you've never experienced before.

I love this man who I get to call my husband. He is often times a better person than me. He loves me fully, he loves me deeply, and everyday I am amazed by our life together.

We moved to another country where we didn't speak the language, where we had no plans, no place to live, little money; and managed to find a house, jobs, friends, have a daughter and ultimately make a home.

But then again, I think we've always had a home together, even if it didn't include four walls and a roof. We are each other's home and that is what I am thankful for more than anything else when I think of our marriage.

Here's to 2 years and many many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment