Sunday, August 29, 2010

Christmas, where are you?

It's almost September and once again I find myself wishing for Christmas. This has been the case ever since we moved to Mexico almost two years ago. The summers here are rainy and drab, which only adds to my want of Gingerbread lattes, boots and warm coats, watching White Christmas, catching up with old friends, and most of all, time with family.

This year I feel it even more now that Isa is in our lives. I so want to show her off to my wonderful girlfriends in San Diego and to watch my grandma hold her and to hear my dad talk to her.

But once again, I must wait; almost 4 months to be exact. I'm trying my best not to listen to Christmas music, and I may or may not have given in once or twice.

But I am hit with reality when I remember that I have 3 grad school classes to complete before then as well as a classroom of children to teach.

So, to get me through til December, I'll listen to some Bon Iver and enjoy my rapidly growing daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment