Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Done and almost done

18 days left until the big day... not that that we actually know for sure that will be THE day.

But, in preparation for Isabella's arrival I am proud to have checked quite a few things off of my to do list (with the help of my amazing husband).

X get car cleaned

X instal car seat

X wash dog (not originally on the list, but definitely needed after she spent most of the day in the garage rolling around in her own urine)

X finish baby's room and clean it from top to bottom

X pack hospital bag

X have important documents gathered and ready to grab in a moments notice to present at the hospital (i.e. passport, work visa, marriage license, both mine and the husband's birth certificates... giving birth in Mexico is quite the process)

move furniture back into place and clean the rest of the house

That last one is the final thing to get done. We've been having work done to the house for the past couple weeks and it's somewhat of a disaster zone. Everything should be finished by the end of this week and needless to say I am obsessing about getting the house spotless.

The whole "nesting" thing is not a myth. It is a mind boggling animalistic take over. At least it has been for me. I'm exhausted and am caring a bowling ball in my stomach and yet I have the energy to mop the floors and clean the windows... because this baby just cannot enter a house with dirty windows.

*Note the sarcasm in my tone which proves that my rational mind is telling me this is ridiculous and the house does not have to be pristine and yet the crazy hormonal nesting part of me says, screw that, I'm scrubbing the shower!

All the while, I am ever reminded that this girl could come tomorrow if she wanted to... oh man.

No comments:

Post a Comment