Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sleeping...

The last month and a half has consisted of mostly three things for me....

work

eat

sleep

then sleep some more.

This first trimester of pregnancy has kicked me on my butt and zapped out any ounce of energy I had in me. I've managed to bypass the vomiting and sickness, but with back aches and droopy eyes I feel about the same as a 60 year old woman (no offense meant to 60 year old women).

My wonderful husband has hung in there, but I can't help but feel bad when all I want to do when I get home from work is put on some sweatpants and jump into bed. Needless to say, we've been lacking on the quality time.

I hear good things about the second trimester. Energy is supposed to come back and most sickness is gone.

I'm looking forward to that second trimester.

So much so that I might throw a second trimester party, entitled, "I'm Back!"

In the mean time I am reminding myself that there's a life growing inside of me, so it's ok to be tired.

I heard the heartbeat a couple weeks ago.

So exciting.

I even saw the blob that is our baby.

And it was just that...

a blob.

So happy for our blob.




1 comment:

  1. Kevin thought there was something very wrong with me when I slept so much! I would come home, fall asleep on the couch, wake up to take a few bites of dinner (he had to make dinner) and then fall back asleep. It really does get better though!

    ReplyDelete