Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dear You

Dear son or daughter of ours,

This is my first time writing to you, and hopefully not my last. 4 months ago when I started this blog I had no idea what it would turn into. It is a bit about everything, from life in Mexico City to life with your dad and our ever growing marriage, to everyday happenings. But now, I have a sneaking suspicion, it will be mostly about you.

You are a joy that your dad and I had no idea was coming a little over a year ago. You are a surprise and a blessing. You are your dad and I's biggest anticipation. We love you so much and we haven't even met you.

Somehow, though, I feel as though we are getting to know each other more and more every time I look down and touch my ever slightly growing belly.

I can't wait to hold you, to watch you sleeping on your dad's shoulder. I can't wait to introduce you to Lila, our dog. I have a pretty good idea that you two will be fast friends. Just watch out, she licks.

Every time I think of you my heart is full. It's full of my love for you and the ever deepening love I have for your dad. I can't wait for you to meet him. He's one of a kind. He will scoop you up and love you with such great passion. That's how he loves everyone, with passion. He is pretty amazing and will teach you so many things.

I can't wait to sing to you and to play with you in the park. I could go on and on about what I look forward to experiencing with you.

Right now I will continue to enjoy having you growing inside of me. By Saturday you will be the size of a plum and a third of the way through the journey of coming into this world. Keep growing my little plum. I love you.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lauren, that made me tear up... you will be such an amazing mommy :)

    ReplyDelete