Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rest

I have officially finished my first class as a graduate student. Well.... the in class part, not the actual class. I still have one hefty group project ahead of me, but the long days are over. It was only 8 days, but it managed to suck all the energy out of me.

My grad school situation is unique. I am getting my degree in International Education through Buffalo State SUNY, but the program is designed specifically for international teachers. There are 2 classes a semester and the professors are flown down to Mexico City to give an 8 day intensive course. Intensive is a great word for it because every day this week I got to work around 7:15, finished work around 2:45, started class around 3, finished class around 7, and got home around 7:45.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted. I took a 3 1/2 hour nap today and am already feeling better. I look forward to a restful Sunday and a work week that won't be quite so long.

I look forward to REST. Rejuvenation. Time with my husband. Walks in the park with my dog. Baking cookies. Listening to music. Reading for FUN. The little things that make life so good. I will leave you with a picture of what this afternoon looked like for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment